Friday, October 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday times 27 weeks, I think the number of thankful lists I have missed lately. I am truly thankful for all that God has blessed me with, I am just a little slow in blogging.
  • I am thankful that school has started here at the crazy Currys. Thankful no one has killed the other yet! haha. We are slowly but surely getting into somewhat of a routine. For someone with my personality, that is tough ~ routines, schedules grrrrr!
  • Thankful that it appears our son, Nickolas, is going to be able to skip a grade ahead and rejoin his original grade. I held him back in kindergarten because he was so small, big mistake. He became bored in 3rd grade. Last year we tried to complete both 4th and 5th grade, with the hopes of giving him a CHANCE to rejoin his original class at school. Boys really need to be around other boys their own age, if they go to school.

  • Thankful for the EXCEL program here in Oklahoma City. It is a "school" for home schoolers. The boys are taking American History/Geography, Spanish and Nick is taking 6th grade math. That, my friends, has saved my tired self. The boys are gone all day on Mondays, and we girls work really hard all day. RIGHT! We have established a great routine of shopping, baking, hair cuts, etc. etc. The boys enjoy going to school, ordering their own lunch, drinking Cokes (when Mom isn't around to say, "No Way, dude!"), and it has been good for them to have classroom disciplines to adhere to.
  • Thankful for my husband and his patience that doesn't seem to have an end with me. Thankful he keeps us all somewhat sane without losing his own mind. He really is my hero.

  • Thankful for the beautiful weather, so nice!

  • On a lighter note, so thankful for the new Sonic ~ just 3 1/2 miles away. When you live out as far as I do, anything under 5 miles is a real treat.

  • Thankful I finally decided to go to the doctor. Put it off for over a year. I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem and arthritis. Lovely, huh? Thankful the thyroid medicine has helped me lose 12 pounds in the last 6 weeks.

  • Thankful that for the most part I have given up Dr. Peppers, caffeine, and sugar. (All things good . . . just kidding!) I feel so much better! The arthritis that hurt so bad in the mornings and at bedtime, is gone. Really. So thankful.

  • Thankful the YMCA is only 6 miles away. Love walking on the treadmill ~ didn't get to last week, with a house full of sick kids and husband, but next week I will hit it hard again.
  • Thankful I was able to not get sick last week. With one son following me around, all day every day, it was a small miracle. Thankful my family all seem to be on the mend. They have started fighting ~ I guess that is my sign they are back to normal. :)

  • Thankful most of all for God and His mercies anew ~ each and every morning, that my friends is love!

Love to all of you and have a great week-end, Friends! Love, SUMER

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I need to get back to Thankful Thursday. can I have grumpy Tuesdays too? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list, Friend! WOW about the thyroid and arthritis. Good grief! But so glad you are feeling better. YAY for you about the sugar - don't know how you've done it. GLAD everyone is getting well there, us too. Miss you! And 12 pounds? PROUD of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And tell that Zoo girl we will have NONE OF THAT (grumpy Tuesdays)! :-) I think "grumpy" is my default mode. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I found you from your comment over at Mrs. Troop. Love your blog and your Thankful Thursday list.

    ReplyDelete